Saturday, September 27, 2008

O Poor People


Poor People Poem


O Poor People

Let us invoke a healthy heart-breaking
Towards the horrible world:
Let us say 0 poor people
How can they help being so absurd,
Misguided, abused, misled?
With unsifted saving graces jostling about
On a mucky medley of needs,
Like love-lit shit,
Year after cyclic year
The unidentifiable flying god is missed.
Emotions sit in their heads disguised as judges,
Or are twisted to look like mathematical formulae,
And only a scarce god-given scientist notices
His trembling lip melting the heart of the rat.
Whoever gave us the idea somebody loved us?
Far in our wounded depths faint memories cry,
A vision flickers below subliminally
But immanence looms unbearably:
TURN IT OFF! they hiss.

Poem by:

-Elizabeth Smart-

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are so kind(ha ha)

austins9597 said...

yeaaa poor ppl are wackkk

Oh me Oh my said...

I borrowed this image: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_6So-VxXFMT8/SN4yKCYtgxI/AAAAAAAAACs/VHCOTUThgks/s320/poor-people.jpg

for this poem: http://allpoetry.com/poem/6878905

If you are unhappy with my use of this image please inform me by emailing me at: kaynaka976@gmail.com

I do, however, hope it is acceptable with you and that you allow it to remain.

Thank you,
Best Wishes.

Dennis Edward Lovett said...

I liked the poem, but it could be that I have misunderstood it, though I doubt it.

But listen up: if anyone here thinks that the suffering of others is humorous, I'll be happy to give you a healthy dose of it so that you can judge for yourself.

It's all in a day's work for me.
Just say the word.

Dennis Lovett
831-332-8201

Militant said...

The problem of poor people who are deprived from water, as in Palestine, exists also in the United States.

Anonymous said...

i pray to god dat get well soon 4 every poor pepole